Gilroy Chamber’s Top 10 Member Benefits
- Health Benefits: Through our partnership with the California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, we have access to cost-effective health benefits that can be provided to employers and/or employees. Your employees have access to these benefits simply because you are a Chamber member. You don’t even have to contribute financially. For more information, please gilroy.org/garliccityhealthcare.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: Through our partnership with Study.com, Gilroy residents and those who work in Gilroy have access to an online Bachelor’s Degree program through Golden Gate University. This is ideal for someone who simply wants to complete their degree, however, for someone with no college credit at all, they can get their degree for less than $20,000.
- Printing and Office Supplies: Stay tuned, new member benefit launching soon!
- Email Marketing Services and Website Builder: Through our partnership with Constant Contact, members can receive a 60-day free trial and up to 25% off of email marketing services, website builders, real-time reporting tools, and more(if paid annually).
- HR and Labor Law Materials: Through our partnership with CalChamber, Gilroy Chamber members receive discounts on yearly labor law posters and required employee trainings. For more information, please visit gilroy.org/hr-corner
2. Free advertising and promotion
We have several platforms where our members can promote, advertise and market their businesses and specials. Members use our online Business Focus, the Chamber’s Facebook page and Instagram as well as our Shop Local and Work Local pages.
- With local and state elected officials. Sometimes our members need access to the Mayor, one of our Council Members, County Supervisor or even our State Assemblymember. We have good working relationships with those listed and more, as well as opportunities for members to connect directly with them at events like the Mayor’s State of the City Address and our Legislative Summit.
- With City staff. As our member businesses grow and expand their operations, sometimes they find themselves needing assistance dealing with the “red tape” that can occasionally become a challenge to progress. We find ourselves in a good position to help Chamber member businesses who need help getting things “unstuck,” thanks to relationships we’ve built with the City administrator and other key City staff.
- With Community Investors. Often times, we are approached by large companies looking to give back to our community. In the last year, we have recommended members and funneled over $50,000 back into Gilroy nonprofits and families.
When a community member reaches out to us, our Chamber members are the first we refer.
5. Customized social media management
The Gilroy Chamber offers social media management services (primarily Facebook) for our members. We can manage your weekly Facebook posts promoting your business, specials, and general information. This is a paid service.
6. Legislative review
We are constantly monitoring ordinances and legislative issues at the City, County and State level. Just this last year, the Chamber has taken a position on more than a dozen proposed bills in the State Assembly. Most of those bills were opposed by the Gilroy Chamber due to the negative impacts they would have on our local businesses. We often talk about those issues in our weekly Business Focus.
7. Weekly updates in the Business Focus E-Newsletter
Each Monday we send out our e-newsletter to our community of nearly 1500, providing updates on issues affecting our local business community, as well as the latest news from fellow Chamber members.
8. Advertising Opportunities
- Gilroy Chamber’s “Welcome to Gilroy” Mailer: A number of local businesses advertise in our monthly Welcome to Gilroy mailer which we send to homeowners who purchase in Gilroy for the first time or simply move across town, along with those who refinance their homes. This equates to approximately 50-80 per month. This is a paid service, exclusive to Chamber members.
- Eblasts: Eblasts are sent to our online community of 1500+. This is a paid service, exclusive to Chamber members.
9. Use of the Gilroy Chamber’s bulk mail permit
Gilroy Chamber members have access to our bulk mail permit for discounted postal rates. Members can take advantage of this opportunity to promote specials and discounts.
10. Networking Opportunities
Whether it be through our monthly Coffee and Commerce, or Multi-Chamber mixers, there are plenty of opportunities to build your network.