The Gilroy Chamber of Commerce recognizes the contributions local citizens and businesses make in order to improve our community’s the quality of life. Anyone can nominate an individual or business for a breakfast award, the Gilroy Hall of Fame, or our Annual Spice of Life Awards (Man of the Year, Woman of the Year, etc.) Click on one of the categories below to see a description of the award along with a nomination form.
Gilroy Chamber of Commerce Awards
Gilroy Chamber of Commerce Monthly Awards
Nob Hill Award for Outstanding Service
- Presented at the monthly Breakfast Club meeting to a citizen, group, business or organization or outstanding involvement in the Gilroy community
- Established by Nob Hill Foods in 1979 to encourage community involvement
“High 5” Youth Award
- Presented monthly to young people making a difference in the local community
Customer Service Counts Award
Presented monthly at our Chamber Breakfast to a local employee or volunteer who:
- Displays pride in their job or volunteer position
- Provides exceptional and helpful assistance
- Demonstrates a friendly demeanor
Business Beautification Award
- Recognizes business improvement efforts that generate pride in our community
Gilroy Hall of Fame Award
The Hall of Fame recognition is designed to acknowledge an individual who has contributed to making Gilroy a better place to live.
To be considered the following is required:
Individuals living or working in Gilroy for no less than twenty-five years selected for their creativity, inspiration, resourcefulness, dedication, volunteerism, philanthropy, leadership, courage, and pioneering spirit playing a significant role in the progressive development of Gilroy.
Nominations are due no later than midnight Thursday, August 1.
The 2019 Gilroy Hall of Fame Award Luncheon will take place Saturday, October 26 from 11:30am-1:30pm. Purchase your tickets here.
SPICE OF LIFE AWARDS
Man of the Year
- Acknowledges an individual with a history of unselfish service to the local community
- 2019 Winner: Frank Angelino
Woman of the Year
- Acknowledges an individual who has contributed to Gilroy’s welfare and betterment
- 2019 Winner: Susan Mister
Young Professional / Emerging Leader of the Year Award
The Gilroy Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professional / Emerging Leader of the Year Award recognizes and celebrates the accomplishments of a highly motivated, emerging leader within our community.
- Nominee should demonstrate professionalism, creativity, and show initiative in their company or organization.
Nominee should show potential leadership in their business or industry.
- Nominee should provide valuable service by contributing time and energy as a volunteer within the community.
- Nominee should be involved in continued professional development through conferences, schooling, leadership roles, community partnerships, Board involvement, etc.
- Nominee must work or live in the South County community (Gilroy, San Martin or Morgan Hill).
- Nominee must be between the ages of 21-40 years old.
Large Business of the Year
- Recognizes an outstanding Gilroy Chamber of Commerce business member (with 26 or more employees) that has made a significant contribution to the community of Gilroy
- 2019 Winner: Gilroy Chevrolet
Small Business of the Year
- Recognizes an outstanding Gilroy Chamber of Commerce business member (with 25 or fewer employees) that has demonstrated an extraordinary level of excellence and success
- 2019 Winner: CALSILK
Gilroy Educator of the Year
- Recognizes an individual who has enhanced the learning experience in Gilroy
- 2019 Winner: Emily Diaz
Non-Profit of the Year
- Recognizes a community non-profit organization that has made a significant contribution to the health and livability of the Gilroy community
- 2019 Winner: South Valley Community Church
Firman B. Voohries Volunteer of the Year
- Gives special recognition to an Chamber of Commerce volunteer who has performed above and beyond the call of duty, and who has contributed to furthering the mission of the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce
- 2019 Winner: Clorinda Sergi
Susan Valenta Youth Leadership Award
- Awarded to young leaders in the community who inspire others through their service and dedication
- 2019 Winner: Brandon Krueger